Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last post from the USA!!

I'm excited to say this will be our last post from the USA.  We are all packed up and ready to go.  Erik's parents brought us up to Atlanta tonight to spend the night so we are staying close to the airport.  I am hearing the airplanes flying over now and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to hear them all night or not.  They are making me nervous!  :)  We were able to get everything packed into 2 checked bags, 2 carry ons, and 2 backpacks.  We are praying we have not forgotten anything!  :)

Tonight my heart is full of anticipation!  On one hand I am a little nervous about flying (this is not my fav) but on the other hand I think about what I'm flying for.  My sweet girl is waiting on the other side of the world and this Mama WILL get to her...whatever it takes!  I pray that Hannah's heart will be open to us and she will know that we are there to love her and take care of her.  I also pray for her foster parents whom she has been with for almost 2 years now.  I cannot imagine caring for a child that long and then just giving her to people I don't even know.  I am very thankful for what they have done to take care of her until we could get there to get her.  I pray that God will bless them!  I also think of my sweet Jonah and Anslee.  Watching them ride away this afternoon with my sister was a little hard....their sweet little hands waving all the way down the driveway.  They have both been so understanding through this whole process and I am thankful for them.  I talked with them tonight and Jonah was a little sad.  I talked with him and calmed him down and then had to have a cry myself.  Anslee sounded so grown up on the phone.  It's her nature to nurture and she will take care of her brother.  I thought she was going to be the one who had the harder time but she is being strong for her brother.  I love those two kids so much!!

Ok....I've got to stop or I'll be crying the rest of the night.  :)  I said I would post a pic of our finished product of packing.  Below is a pic of our luggage.  (Erik thinks it's a little crazy that I'm posting this pic but whatever.)  God bless...we love all of you...and look for our next post from China!!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

We are praying for you guys and are so EXCITED!!! Love ya! Amy L.

Unknown said...

Becareful and we will see you when you get back.give hannah a hug and kiss from uncle kurt aunt kaye, and kaylei. Love yall

Keisha said...

STOP!! STOP IT!! I'm crying already...!!!
Tell Erik to HUSH it,.. that was for me! lol!!
Don't freak out about the planes.. did you pack your big ole' fan?..
Man!.. you DID forget something!!
;)
Oh well.......

Christy Wynn said...

We are so excited for y'all!!! Can't wait to see that precious girl! Praying for all of you!!

Unknown said...

And away you go - over the rainbow to receive that precious gift that God has prepared for you from before the foundation of the world!! You will bow and stand amazed at HIS power, protection, presence and provision as you make this journey with HIM!! He's got you covered - before and behind!! He wil delight your soul!! Lifting you before the throne!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I am beyond excited for y'all. Can't wait to see pics of Hannah in her mamas arms!