Friday, February 15, 2013

Getting Ready

We are getting ready for our big trip!  Things are coming together quickly and I feel the pressure!  :)  Not really...it's all good!  I have about 5 lists that I need to get together into 1.  It's a very exciting time around the Collins household.  We were introduced to the people we will be traveling with (introduced through email that is).  There are people from all over coming together to adopt precious children.  It's amazing to meet these people and hear their stories.  Our God is AWESOME!  He has called us to do such an AWESOME thing and He has also done the same for people all over this country!  We will get to share this stage of our journey with people we never would have met any other way.  We are looking forward to meeting all of the sweet children that meet their forever families!

We have a lot of packing to do this weekend!  Laundry first...lots of laundry!  Even though Jonah and Anslee are not going with us, I have to pack them for Grandma's.  I have been waking up early every morning for over a week now with my mind just going back through the list of things I need to get done!  Don't forget this...be sure to talk to this person about that....remember to pay this bill....and how do I possibly make my suitcase weigh less than 50 lbs?!?!  With all of this left to do, I still cannot get Hannah's sweet face out of my head!  I am SO ready to get my baby in my arms and hold her there forever!!  Erik and I are so blessed and God is adding another blessing to our lives!  We are so thankful!

I took a picture of my "stash" that I have in one corner of our bedroom.  I've been throwing things in rubbermaid containers for several weeks now just trying to keep it all together.  The other day Erik said, "you know you can't take those containers with you don't you?"  I said....I'm not THAT big of a redneck!  LOL!  Can't you see me coming up to the airport with my rubbermaid containers for suitcases?!?  :)  It would be funny.  I should have played along a little better and said,  What....I thought this would be best!  :)  Here is my stash now....I'll try to post an after pic when we get ready to go.  Happy Packing!

3 comments:

Keisha said...

Let the madness begin!!!! Haha!!!
It will all come together! Can't believe a week from Sunday you will be holding HANNAH!!!!!! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

So exciting!!! I want to go too!!! Praying you there and back - can't wait to meet Hannah. Soak up some China for us - enjoy every minute!!
Love ya,
Patricia

P.S. Terry said "Are they taking those containers?"

The Great Adventure said...

So excited for you guys! It'll all come together and soon you'll have your little one! We'll be praying for you.